Pages

2/21/2009

Spinach Dip Mini-Bites

I was inspired to make this appetizer by the Pillsbury website. I found a recipe for Spinach Dip Crisps and decided to tweak it a bit to suit my tastes and they came out fabulously! Paul said "Aren't you getting fancy!?!" when I brought them out for a lunch for myself and a snack for him. I'll take that as a compliment, as these were a cinch to make!!
Spinach Dip Mini-Bites
Recipe Inspired by Pillsbury.com

Ingredients
  • 24 Wonton Wrappers
  • 1 brick cream cheese, softened
  • 1 box of frozen chopped spinach, cooked to directions, drained & wrung out
  • 1 4 oz. can green chiles
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 1/3 cup mayo
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix cream cheese, spinach, chiles, cheese, mayo, and seasonings in a medium sized bowl.
  • Line non-greased mini-muffin pan with wonton wrappers, lightly pressing into place (ends will stick up/out).
  • Using a small scoop or tablespoon, fill each cup with mixture almost to the top.
  • Place in oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, until edges are browned and crisp and the filling is hot and melty.
  • Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving, filling is very hot!

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love how cute these apps are! What a great way to enjoy spinach dip!

Colleen said...

Oooh i have a bunch of wonton wrappers in my fridge - i will use them up with this!

Colleen said...

Me again! i just posted these - Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails