Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- 3 T chopped cilantro or 1 T dried cilantro
- 2 T sliced green onions
- 2 C shredded cooked chicken
- 1 C grated Asadero (Quesadilla) cheese
- small flour tortillas
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil & lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese, green chiles, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder & taco sauce.
- Stir to combine & then add cilantro & green onions.
- Add chicken & cheese & combine well.
- Work with a few tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave until they are soft, between damp paper towel.
- Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Roll it up as tight as you can.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Lay all of the taquitos on the baking sheet & make sure they are not touching each other.
- Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray & lightly sprinkle some kosher salt on top (optional).
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp & the ends start to get golden brown.