Mushroom & Cheddar Crusted Quiche
Recipe courtesy of Relish!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces whole button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar flavored goldfish crackers
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, & saute 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in crushed crackers.
- Turn mixture into a greased baking dish & press firmly.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter, add onions & saute until transparent.
- Pour onions evenly over mushroom crust and sprinkle with Swiss & cheddar cheese.
- In a food processor, blender or hand blender, pulse the cottage cheese, eggs & cayenne until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust & sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.