I am absolutely LOVING this whole menu planning kick...Why on earth didn't I do this sooner? It has saved so much of my time, money and sanity! No more wondering "what's for dinner?" when nothing is thawed or ready. In my planning on Sunday, I decided to do a crock pot tenderloin. It turned out so flavorful and moist, it really had a beef-like flavor! Served with some mashed potatoes and corn, it made a nice comforting mid-week meal.
Slow Cooker Pork Loin
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet.
- Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat.
- Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.