Pastor Ryan's Pan-Seared Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Pastor Ryan via The Pioneer Woman
- 1-2 lbs. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- Place a stainless steel pan or an enameled cast iron pan/dutch oven on stove over very high heat.
- Add vegetable oil & heat until almost smoking.
- Add mushrooms & let them sit for a minute or two.
- Stir & add salt.
- Let sit again, you want to form a crust on the mushrooms.
- At this point, I noticed that my mushrooms released a LOT of liquid...so I just kept cooking/stirring until the liquid reabsorbed/evaporated.
- Then add the butter, shallots & pepper.
- Stir & cook until shallots are soft.
- Serve over steak, in a side dish or even as a side dish on their own.