English Muffin Bread
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 c. flour
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 tbs. white sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Warm the milk and water in microwave until very warm (125 degrees F).
- Lightly grease (I used Non-stick baking spray) two 8x4 inch loaf pans; sprinkle cornmeal evenly on bottom and sides.
- In a bowl or bowl of stand mixer, mix together 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt & soda.
- Stir milk into the flour mixture; beat well.
- Stir in the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff batter is formed. (I used my dough hook in my mixer until it was just combined.)
- Spoon batter into prepared pans (I shaped into a rough loaf and put in the pan).
- Cover & let rise in a warm place for until nearly doubled in size, about an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately & cool on a rack.