*Forgive the bad lighting in the picture, I was too focused on getting things set up on the table than a great pic!*
Lately for birthday dinners, I've made white cakes, carrot cakes and cupcakes...but this time, I wanted something different. I had only made 1 cheesecake in the past year and was definitely due for another! I came across this recipe for White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and it was HEAVEN. Rich, decadent, not too difficult...definitely a keeper! My dad (Happy Birthday, Dad!) enjoyed it very much, as did everyone else!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes
- 1 c. chocolate cookie crumbs (I used chocolate graham crackers)
- 3 tbs. white sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries (I used 1 1/2 pints fresh)
- 2 tbs. white sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c.p half-and-half cream
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate grahams, 3 tbs. sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tbs. sugar, cornstarch & water. Bring to boil &continue boiling 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese & 1/2 c. sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla &d melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan & again spoon 3 tbs. raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to marble.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap &d refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with any leftover raspberry sauce (I poured over the whole cheesecake top.)