The beauty of most "junk food" is that you can figure out a way to make the same thing at home, both better tasting and healthier! Pizza rolls are a snack I used to eat a LOT in the my teenage & college years, but haven't had much lately. After a conversation at work about snack foods, I decided that pizza rolls were something I'd like to attempt to make at home!
These came out perfect, a great substitute for the frozen store-bought pizza rolls and the ability to make these with your favorite combination of ingredients really puts these over the top. Experiment with sausage, peppers, any other "toppings" you'd like!
Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Won Ton Wrappers
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (or more) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup or so of pepperoni, diced small
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, diced small
- Small bowl of water (for moistening edges of wrappers)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni & mushrooms and mix until combined evenly.
- Lay out won ton wrappers and place a tablespoon or so of filling in the middle. (Do not overfill!)
- With you finger or small pastry brush, brush edges with a small amount of water. Place edges together to form a rectangle and pinch edges together well, trying to get any excess air out of the wrapper.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or Silpat.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Spray all wrappers lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before digging in, don't burn your taste buds off! :)