It turned out great and I did not use it as bars, but crumbled it and put into 2 containers, one to put in the freezer for later and one for the fridge to use as cereal, a snack or a topping for yogurt.
Recipe adapted from Proceed with Caution, which she originally adapted from Clean Eating, Nov./Dec. 2009.
- 1 c. unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 c. dried berry mix
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. Flax seeds
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened brown rice cereal
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place Silpat on a 9x13 baking sheet.
- Place almonds in a food processor. Lightly pulse until chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; add oats, dried fruits, Flax and cereal.
- In smaller bowl, combine egg whites, honey, cinnamon, salt & vanilla, stirring well. Add to almond/dried fruit mixture and stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture onto Silpat, pressing down gently. Bake about 25 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool 15 to 30 minutes before crumbling.
- Store in airtight continers in the refrigerator or freezer.