As you know, whenever my husband isn't feeling up to par, he craves spicy foods. With minimal groceries in the house and no desire to run out in the rain to get his favorite Thai food, I had to improvise. I had Lo Mein noodles, garlic and a variety of spices...a quick search on the Internet and I found the perfect recipe for Spicy Sesame Noodles!
This was great, just what the doctor ordered and would be fabulous with some beef mixed in! I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Spicy Sesame Noodles
Recipe courtesy of Recipezaar
- Lo Mein noodles
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 6 Tbs. Rice wine vinegar
- 6 Tbs. Sugar
- 6 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Chili sauce (Sriracha)
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- Red Pepper flakes for garnishing
- Cook noodles according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, mix garlic, vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce together and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain noodles and return to pot, pour sauce over and stir to mix. I let this sit for a few minutes to soak up the flavor.
- Serve in bowls and top with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, to taste.