Reward: A delicious dinner!
I didn't follow any real recipe for this meal, but instead just used a couple basics to whip up a shrimp dish that knocked my husband's socks off!
Shrimp in Lemon Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Me
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and de-tailed
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbs. all-purpose flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2.5 cups of whole milk
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and place shrimp in a concentric circle in pan and season with salt & pepper, cooking for 3 minutes on first side, then flipping, seasoning and cooking an additional 2 minutes on the other.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add butter to pan.
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in flour and continue to whisk until a golden brown.
- Slowly add the milk, continuing to whisk until completely incorporated.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring heat back up until a simmer and the sauce thickens to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add shrimp back into the sauce and let them heat back through.
- Serve over the pasta of your choice, garnished with parsley.