Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe courtesy of The Way the Cookie Crumbles
*I used the bread flour recommendation that Bridget gave and thought these turned out so fabulous!*
- 2¼ cups (10.8 ounces) bread flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (1.75 ounces) sugar
- 1¼ cups (8.75 ounces) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position. Heat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt & baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars & beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs, one a time, mixing for one minute after each addition. Add the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low & add flour, mixing just until almost combined. Add the chocolate chips & pulse the mixer on low speed until the chips are dispersed & the flour is incorporated.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the lined baking pan, spaced an inch or two apart. Bake the cookies for 7-10 min., until slightly browned around the edges & just set in the middle. Cool the cookies for at least 2 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a rack to finish cooling.