Pages

4/01/2009

Cheese Stuffed Burgers & Homemade Buns

This is my burger - I topped it with a garlic mayo, sauteed onions & mushrooms

Hey there! I'm still around, just haven't updated my blog in a few days! I made these on Sunday after becoming inspired by an episode of Man vs. Food where he visited a bar that made a hamburger with the cheese on the inside! I had to try it!!

Hamburgers

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground chuck
  • 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions
  • Heat a skillet over medium heat.
  • Mix the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt & pepper with the ground chuck. (I used my hands, so much easier!)
  • Set out cheese within your reach.
  • Divide meat into 4 equal sections.
  • Taking half of each one section, flatten into a thin large patty.
  • Take about 2 tbs. of the shredded cheese and place it in the middle of the first patty.
  • Use remaining half of your meat, flatten into a second patty and place on top of the first, pinching the edges to seal.
  • Repeat with your other 3 sections and place on skillet, cooking through until your desired done-ness and the cheese is melted. (You don't want the heat TOO high, or else you'll overcook the burger by the time your cheese melts.)
For the Buns
I found this recipe on All Recipes.com and they turned out GREAT! I will definitely use this recipe again.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh - I love burgers! I'll have to try these on the grill this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails