Beef, Bean & Cheese Quesadillas
Recipe courtesy of me
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper (or more for your taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 small can of green chiles
- 1 can of fat-free refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Flour tortillas
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off any fat, wipe out your pan and return pan & beef to low heat.
- Add your Cumin, Paprika, Chili Pepper, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and can of green chiles, mix well and let sit for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat another large dry skillet over medium-high heat.
- Take one flour tortilla and over half, spread a layer of refried beans, sprinkle a layer of onion & cilantro over the beans and lay in the dry skillet.
- Place a spoonful of the beef over the bean mixture, top with cheese (and any other toppings of your choice!) and use a spatula to fold the empty half over onto the fillings.
- Pat down with spatula and let it cook until crisp.
- Use spatula, flip over and let the other side crisp up, remove from heat.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings that you enjoy!