Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom Pasta
Recipe courtesy of me
- 1 lb. thin chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- 1/2 lb. bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 8 large button mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 3 tbs. flour
- 1 tbs. parsley flakes (or fresh)
- Pasta or rice of your choice, prepared
- Heat heavy pan (I used Dutch Oven) over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Leave bacon drippings in pan, add shallot & cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add beef broth, scraping up bacon bits on bottom of pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with 1/4 cup of milk, whisking so it's lump free.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup of milk to the pan, stirring in, then stir in the milk/flour mixture.
- Let mixture all come up to a low, slow boil and thicken.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and add 1 tbs. parsley.
- Add 3/4 of the drained bacon bits & chicken strips into the sauce.
- Let it mix and all warm back up.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or rice, topping with remaining bacon bits for garnish.