Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs
Recipe courtesy of Me
- 1 large can of San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 cans of tomato sauce + 1/2 of a can of water
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced finely
- 2 tbs. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. Ground Round
- 1 egg
- 1 cup or so of Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Coat bottom of a large sauce pot with the olive oil and turn heat on medium.
- Add chopped onion and cook until golden.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add large can of tomatoes, 2 cans of sauce and 1/2 small can of water.
- Stir to combine and turn down heat to simmer on medium low for about an hour.
- (Splatter guards come in handy during this time!)
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ground round, egg, salt, pepper, shallots, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese and oregano with your hands until well combined.
- Using a small scoop, form into small-to-medium sized meatballs.
- Place each meatball on a baking sheet.
- Put meatballs in oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- After meatballs are cooked, remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and add them to the spaghetti sauce.
- Continue simmering for another hour or so.
- Serve on top of your favorite pasta or serve as meatball subs!