Pages

2/15/2009

Mexican Quiche

I had some frozen pie shells taking up space in the freezer plus I was up early this morning, so I decided to put this together. I had to use up some ingredients I had, like mushrooms & leftover heavy cream, that were going to go bad soon and a can of chiles in the cabinet. The results of what I put together were delicious and satisfying on this cold Sunday morning!

Paul called it "breakfast pie" but it's really a quiche.

Mexican Quiche

Recipe courtesy of Me
Ingredients
  • 7 eggs
  • splash of heavy cream
  • salt
  • pepper
  • dash of cumin
  • 4 oz. can of green chiles
  • 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 frozen pie crust
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Beat together the eggs and cream, then add the seasonings, chiles, cheese, onions & mushrooms and whisk all together.
  • Place pie crust on a small baking sheet, pour in the ingredients and bake for 40-45 minutes until set and golden.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails