Pages

2/15/2009

Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp

Paul and I love this recipe for roasted broccoli that I found on Amateur Gourmet. I just love Adam's blog, I think he has a fabulous sense of humor and his recipes are great as well. This is another winner...simple and filling, I served this over rice. An easy and quick weeknight meal! I love those.

Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp

Recipe courtesy of Adam at Amateur Gourmet

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. broccoli florets
  • 2 tbs. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. coriander seeds (I omitted)
  • 1 tsp. cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. chili powder (I used paprika)
  • 1 lb. peeled & deveined shrimp
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions
  • Heat the oven to 425.
  • On a large baking sheet, toss together 2 pounds of broccoli cut up into florets, 2 tbs. olive oil, 1 tsp. whole coriander seeds (or 1/2 tsp. ground), 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds (or 1/2 tsp. ground), 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper & 1/8th tsp. hot chili powder (I used paprika). Spread into a single layer & put in the oven for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, toss together one pound large shrimp, shelled & deveined, with 2 tbs. olive oil, lemon zest from one lemon, 1/2 tsp. salt & 1/2 tsp. pepper in a bowl. When the broccoli's been in the oven 10 minutes, add the shrimp to the broccoli and toss.
  • Roast another 10 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the broccoli is tender & browned.
  • Serve in a big bowl of rice & squeeze some lemon on top...& I added Parmesan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails