I would change up this recipe a little bit...I would add in Italian bread crumbs to make the filling more stable. I forgot that the mushrooms would release liquid while cooking, so they came out just a little watery...I think the addition of bread crumbs would help tighten it all up while it cooked!
Creamy Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of me
- Button mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed & reserved
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbs. fresh Pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- *In the future, I would recommend adding 1/2 cup or so of bread crumbs here*
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Goat cheese to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, pesto, parmesan cheese, *bread crumbs*, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Using a spoon or scoop, fill each mushroom with a scoop of cream cheese Pesto filling.
- Set each mushroom on a baking sheet that has been drizzled with olive oil.
- Slice a small piece of goat cheese (YUM) and set on top of each mushroom.
- Pop in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until hot.