Pages

10/13/2008

Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff

This SUPER easy recipe is another one that my mom taught me....thanks mom! :) I make it quite a bit in the fall, Paul loves it, and it's a cinch to put together! It's rich, hearty and warming on a cool (or cold here in Michigan) evening. It makes delicious leftovers, which is another plus! The longest part is simmering the meat to ensure that it isn't tough, but it is not labor intensive at all!

Ingredients
8 oz. Egg Noodles
1 lb. Beef Round Steak or stew meat
1-1 1/2 cups water
2 lg. jars of whole mushooms (drained) or 1 large container of fresh White Button Mushrooms
2 cans of Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup Sour Cream

Directions
Cut beef into small, bite size chunks and put in large heavy-bottomed pot (or skillet) with a lid. Brown meat and then add water and simmer for an hour or two with the lid on, occasionally peeking to ensure the water has not evaporated, adding more water if needed. After it has simmered for a while, remove the lid and let almost all the water evaporate. Add 2 cans of Golden Mushroom soup and stir to combine.

Put another large pot of water on to boil.

You can use the whole mushrooms in jar, adding them in, or you can cut the button mushrooms into quarters and add (this is what I did this time) to the beef/soup mixture. Cover and let this all simmer for about 10-15 minutes until mushrooms are warmed through. While this is simmering, add your egg noodles to the boiling water to cook.

When the noodles are almost done, add the sour cream to the beef/mushroom mixture and stir to combine and heat through.

Drain noodles and scoop some into the bottom of a bowl or dish, then top with a large spoonful or two of the beef and enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Maryanna said...

I love beef stroganoff. I used to hate it when I was little, but now it's one of the main meals that I cook now. Mmmm.

Tina Butler said...

That looks incredible!!!!! I love mushrooms anyway I can get them. This is a must try for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails