Pages

10/09/2008

Green Goddess Dip

I had this dip/sauce at The Melting Pot and also at a local fondue place called The Fondue Room...with this dip, you can put it on your entree meats or fill mushroom caps with it after cooking...so good. I decided to test this recipe I found online here with some carrot sticks prior to serving to see how well it compared to the "real deal"....I'll have to sautee some whole mushrooms tomorrow and then see if the taste is comparable....nonetheless, it made a very tasty dip!

Green Goddess Dip
recipe courtesy of The Melting Pot/Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Makes 12 servings

Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus

1 to 2 hours to cool

Cooking time: 2-4 minutes


8 ounces cream cheese, cut into slices

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley

2 tablespoons finely sliced chives

In a microwave-safe container, microwave cream cheese and milk for 2 to 4 minutes, whisking after each minute, until cream cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in sour cream, onion, parsley and chives. Refrigerate until cold.

2 comments:

Tina Butler said...

Umm that looks so good Shawna. I know I would be the only one in the house to eat this, but thats alright. More for me.

Cate said...

I love this stuff! I will eat just about any vegetable if it's dipped in it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails