Pages

10/14/2008

Crispy Rosemary Flatbread

Crackers, really....and they are DELICIOUS!!!! So incredibly easy, came together in about 5 minutes and in about a half hour, I had 3 sheets of crispy, rosemary, crunchy GOODNESS!!! I broke these up and put some out on a plate with some hummus for a snack and Paul jumped up on the couch to make room for me! :) I will definitely be making these again soon.

I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen (fabulous blog, BTW!)...and she found the recipe in Gourmet, July 2008.

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary plus 2 (6-inch) sprigs
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
  • Flaky sea salt
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 450°F with a heavy baking sheet on rack in middle.
  • Stir together flour, chopped rosemary, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in center, then add water and oil and gradually stir into flour with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Knead dough gently on a work surface 4 or 5 times.
  • Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll out 1 piece (keep remaining pieces covered with plastic wrap) on a sheet of parchment paper (I used my Silpat, worked great!) into a 10-inch round (shape can be rustic & dough should be thin).
  • Lightly brush top with additional oil and scatter small clusters of rosemary leaves on top, pressing in slightly. (I omitted the sprigs of Rosemary...I used salt, pepper and granulated garlic seasoning) Sprinkle with sea salt. Slide round (still on parchment) onto preheated baking sheet and bake until pale golden and browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer flatbread (discard parchment) to a rack to cool, then make 2 more rounds (1 at a time) on fresh parchment (do not oil or salt until just before baking). Break into pieces.
Flatbread can be made 2 days ahead, cooled, broken up and kept in an airtight container (I used a Ziplock bag, as I know they will be eaten before the 2 days!) at room temperature.

3 comments:

Cate said...

These are the best!

Kira said...

Yum! I have a ton of rosemary to use, and these look great.

Carrie said...

Wow those sound yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails