Pages

8/30/2008

Hot Crab Rangoon Dip

We had my nephew stay the weekend with us and I needed to have some snacks on hand to feed the boys while they played video games! I know that we would all like this dip because we love Crab Rangoon in Chinese restaurants, so I decided to give this one a shot. It turned out to be delicious. I didn't have a scallion on hand, so I subbed chives for it, which didn't give it as much onion flavor as I would have liked...but that can be corrected next time. And though the recipe called for Won Ton chips, I served this with crackers and it was a big hit.

Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007, Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee: Heirloom Linen and Lace episode.

  • 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into cubes
  • 2 (6-ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained and shredded (I used one can of lump crab and 3 legs of imitation crab, chopped fine)
  • 1 (10-ounce) can condensed shrimp bisque (I used Campbell's Condensed Cream of Shrimp soup)
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1 scallion, finely chopped (I used 4 chives chopped fine)
  • (When the dip was heated through, I added a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top and let it melt before serving)

For the Won Ton Chips:
Peanut oil
1 package won ton wrappers
Salt, to taste

Preheat broiler.

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir to combine.


Place in a broiler-proof serving dish and broil for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


For the Won Ton Chips
Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a Dutch oven or fryer to 350 degrees F. Add won ton wrappers in batches to fry lightly. Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels before serving. Season with salt.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

yum! I bet it would be good with bread too...like brushetta.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails