Pages

9/03/2008

Shelly's Chicken Crescents


This recipe comes from Shelly on The Knot...such an easy and tasty recipe! It came together in a snap and was very good!! I'll definitely be adding this one to my menu rotation, Paul and I give it 2 thumbs up.

*my changes are in red*
Chicken Crescents
Serves 4

You will need:
Oil
4 oz. cream cheese
3/4 lb. chicken
1 cup chopped onion
salt & pepper
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (I used 3-4)
3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
Couple splashes of milk
Palmful of dried parsley (I used fresh)
8 count refrigerated crescent rolls
I added a handful of grated parmesan cheese to the sauce

1. In a fry pan, add a little oil and heat over medium. Take out a half a block (4 oz.) of cream cheese (reduced fat/fat free is fine) and put it in a medium bowl to soften.

2. Add 1 cup of diced onion (Vidalia is my favorite) *I used a yellow onion* and about 2/3 pound chicken meat. *I diced mine to very small pieces prior to cooking* Try not to move the chicken around much. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and add salt and pepper. Then flip and repeat. When you flip, add a clove or two of minced garlic. I use the jar stuff because I am too lazy to mince/press it myself.

3. When chicken is done, remove from pan to a cutting board to cool slightly.

4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or whatever it says on the crescent roll package.

5. Layout the crescent rolls on a baking sheet. (see picture)

6. Finely dice chicken mixture and add to the cream cheese in the bowl. Mix.

7. Spoon a large scoop of the mixture onto the fattest part of each crescent roll. Then fold up the short corners. Then fold up and wrap around the long corner. Don't worry if the chicken peeks out.

8. Pop in the oven per crescent roll directions. They will probably be done in the shorter amount of time.

9. While baking, in a small saucepan *I used the same pan the chicken was cooked in* over low heat combine the following:

  • 3/4 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • Few splashes of milk
  • Palmful of dried parsley *I used fresh*
10. When crescents are done, spoon some of the sour cream sauce onto a plate. Set 2 crescents on top of the sauce (it looks prettiest this way.) Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails