I made this recipe even easier by cooking up the chicken the day before and chopping the veggies before hand. I had everything ready to go and to be thrown together and it made it a cinch to whip this up and enjoy!
Chicken Fried Rice
Recipe adapted from Relish!
- 1 c. quick-cooking long grain rice - precooked the day before and refrigerated.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 3/4 c. chopped carrots
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- Heat skillet to medium and add oil.
- Add eggs, just as whites begin to set, stir to scramble.
- Add green onions, white onions and ginger; cook 1 minute.
- Add rice, carrots & bell pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir together soy sauce, sugar and broth - add to skillet.
- Add chicken and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder (if desired), cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.