I'm always looking for different ways to prepare chicken. It's such a versatile ingredient, yet it can get boring very easily. The red wine vinegar really gave this chicken it's boost of flavor and turned out to be very tasty! The best part of this recipe is that it only uses 1/4 tsp. of salt and you can lower the amounts of cheeses to reduce the sodium content further without losing much flavor.
Baked Parmesan Romano Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Relish!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, red-pepper flakes, oregano & half of the garlic cloves in a baking dish.
- Add chicken to marinade in dish, turning each piece to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Stir together breadcrumbs, cheeses, parsley, pepper & remaining garlic in a medium bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil & coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Dredge each chicken piece in breadcrumb mixture to coat; shake off excess.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken until breadcrumbs are golden & chicken is cooked through, 30-35 min.
- Using a spatula, loosen chicken from sheet before serving.