I began with this recipe below and then added 2 other types of ingredient toppings to make 2 other varieties of dynamite cookies!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes
1 c. smooth peanut butter
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Jam/preserves of your choice (I used raspberry preserves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, I used a small cookie scoop.
- Use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern on the top.
- Make a small hole in the top of each cookie using the back of an 1/8th tsp. measuring spoon.
- Fill the holes with preserves.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
And in some other of the cookies, I substituted the jelly with chopped Heath candy bar: