Pages

1/03/2010

Homemade Pizza


Often times, I say something was 'THE BEST'...this time I mean it.  I really, truly mean it.  I swear....this is the best thin pizza crust I have ever made.  It held up the pile of toppings without being soggy at all....the crust turned out golden and crisp.  My husband said this reminded him of the Appian Way pizza kit that his grandma made him as a child - and yes, that is a compliment!  It did remind me of that too because my mom used to make it for me when I was little and I LOVED it.

Homemade Pizza Crust
Recipe courtesy of Robbie's Recipes

Ingredients
  • .25 oz. pkg. active dry yeast
  • 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
  • 3/4 c. 110 degree water
  • 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • pizza sauce of your choice, as needed
  • shredded cheese of your choice, as needed
  • toppings of your choice, as needed
Directions
Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. (I used my KitchenAid mixer)
Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle.
Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and desired toppings.
Bake in a 500 degree (I did 470 degree) oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails