What side dish goes well with Eggplant? After thinking about that while I picked up some other groceries, I decided to make a new side dish I had never made before...or even worked with! Orzo pasta. I had it before in salads and in restaurants, but I had never made it at home. No time like the present! I felt that a few simple additions would make that pasta more flavorful and I sure was right, it turned out delicious, was really easy and looked beautiful, I will be making this dish again when we have company!
Mushroom Garlic Orzo
- 1 c. orzo pasta
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 c. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Boil water and cook orzo pasta as directed.
- In a separate non-stick pan, melt butter and add chopped mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until soft and add garlic, mixing well.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add mushroom mixture to pasta, then add salt, pepper, parsley and olive oil, stirring well to mix.