Recipe courtesy of No Fear Entertaining
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 Tbsp onions or scallions, diced finely
- 3 Tbsp celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red pepper, finely diced
- 11/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup bread crumbs (or cornbread crumbs)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peanut Oil or your choice for pan
- Cook & peel the shrimp & chop or grind up.
- In a large bowl mix the shrimp with the onions, parsley, red pepper & lemon zest. Stir in the mayonnaise, bread crumbs and the egg & beat with a whisk or wooden spoon until evenly distributed. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Form into patties and saute in oil until both sides are nicely browned. Drain on paper towel. Serve on hamburger buns or choice of bread with lettuce, tomato & sauce (tartar or I used a Chili Mayo sauce). We used soft rolls and homemade tartar sauce.