Pages

5/24/2009

Red Wings Cupcakes!!!

I've made this recipe in cake form in the past, but decided that the "red" and white of this would be perfect in my Red Wings cupcakes! :) I also decorated them with players "pennants" I made from paper/toothpicks. Forgive my icing, I used the spray-type Cool-whip, but as you can see, it wasn't quite working out for me....but again, it tasted great and that's what matters.

Jell-o Cupcakes


Ingredients

  • Box cake mix (I used white cake mix & added vanilla extract to boost flavor)
  • 1 pkg. jell-o flavor of your choice
  • Cool-whip or whipped topping of your choice

Directions
Make cake batter as directed and put in individual cupcake tins. Bake as directed and let cool. While cupcakes are baking, mix jell-o per directions, but don't put in fridge to chill...let mixture cool down to room temperature.

After cupcakes have cooled, poke thoroughly with toothpicks or a fork so it's pierced well. Slowly pour the jell-o liquid over the cupcakes so they soak up a good amount, but don't totally soak them so they are soggy. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and enjoy!

If you have leftovers, be sure to store them in the refrigerator due to the dairy in the "frosting".

1 comment:

Kristina R. said...

Fun cupcakes just in time for another Wings win!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails