Pages

5/25/2009

Jalapeno Popper Dip

*Forgive the picture, I didn't snap it until the dip was almost gone!*

I am a wuss when it comes to spice & heat in my foods....but for some reason, I love the Jalapeno Poppers with the cream cheese in them...but those aren't usually TOO hot. I made this dip after seeing it on AllRecipes & on Cooking This and That and it was a huge hit...I really thought it had the perfect amount of heat to it & I liked the baked version of it to serve warm. It was great with either crackers or tortilla chips!

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Recipe seen on Cooking This and That, originally from AllRecipes

Ingredients
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
  • 2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained (I used jarred and minced finely)
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used Monterrey Jack cheese - 1 cup)
Directions
  • Stir together cream cheese & mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles & jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (I stirred the Monterrey Jack cheese in with the dip)
  • Microwave on high until hot, about 3 minutes OR bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, which I would recommend.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Glad you liked this! I like your idea of stirring the cheese in with the dip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails