Ok, so I saw this and thought it looked wonderful! I worked late today and Paul said he would go to the store for me and make this for dinner for us...and he did. It was really good, it had a really good flavor! Definitely satisfied my seafood craving!
Baked Shrimp Scampi
Recipe courtesy of Annie's Eats, originally from Barefoot Contessa, Back to Basics cookbook
- 1 lb. large shrimp in the shell (I use about 20/lb. size)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dry white wine
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tsp. minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2 tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 1/2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup panko (used regular Italian breadcrumbs)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
- In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, bread crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of black pepper until combined.
- Starting from the center of an oval or round baking dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Place under the broiler for 1 additional minute to brown the top. Serve with lemon wedges.