Angel Chicken Pasta
Recipe found on Stephanie Cooks, original recipe on Allrecipes.com
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - I cut thin cut chicken into strips
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2/3 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup - I used Cream of Mushroom
- 2-1/2 ounces cream cheese with chives - Used 4 oz. regular cream cheese
- 11 ounces angel hair pasta - I used 8 oz. egg noodles
- I added 4 cloves minced garlic
- I added 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- I added 1/4 cup milk
- I added 1/2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. (I added minced garlic and cooked for 3 minutes.) Stir in the package of dressing mix. Blend in wine and mushroom soup. Mix in cream cheese (I added green onions and Worcestershire sauce here) and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish (I scattered the chicken slices around a 9x13 Pyrex dish sprayed with non-stick spray.) Pour sauce over.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven (I cooked for 40 minutes). Twenty minutes before the chicken is done, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta per directions. Drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.