Breakfast Sandwiches & Mashed Potato Cakes
- 4 pieces leftover bread (No-Knead, in our case...fabulous)
- 2 piece of leftover ham
- 3 eggs, scrambled and cooked into a flat omelette
- 2 pieces of cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- Cook eggs to your liking (I cooked ours into a plain omelette shape and cut in half, one for each sandwich) and heat ham through, setting both aside.
- Butter each piece of bread on the outsides and put buttered side down into a hot pan.
- Fill with 1 piece of ham, 1 egg section, 1 piece of cheese and then top with the other piece of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook over medium heat, until bread is toasty and golden, flipping after a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a pat or 2 of butter into a separate pan, heating over medium-high heat. Divide mashed potatoes in half and flatten into a patty-shape. Place in hot butter and fry until each side is golden.