Recipe courtesy of Relish!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 pounds tenderloin steak, cut into cubes
- 1 avocado , seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber , coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 white onion , thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, cored and thinly sliced
- In large bowl combine oil, garlic and onion, oregano, pepper, and salt; set aside.
- Add meat to oil mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Avocado Sauce, in food processor combine avocado, cucumber, mint, sour cream, lime juice, water, salt, and cumin.
- Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary.
- Transfer to serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat large pan to medium heat.
- Remove the meat from the marinade.
- Cook meat for 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F), turning to brown evenly.
- Place the onion and peppers into another pan on medium high heat, adding oil and salt and pepper.
- Cook the onion and peppers until tender.
- Serve with the avocado sauce, grilled vegetables and toppings of your choice. We used shredded cheese, cilantro and sour cream.