Shrimp Stir Fry
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 1 bag of frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed
- ½ c. lower sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 T. Sugar
- ½ c. low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 T. canola oil, divided
- Half of white onion
- 1.5 c. chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 whole mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin planks
- 1 can baby corn, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Prepare all vegetables and have them ready.
- Mix ½ cup soy sauce with sugar. Stir together and set aside.
- Mix ¼ cup chicken broth with arrowroot. Stir together and set aside. Measure an additional ¼ cup chicken broth. Set aside.
- To begin stir fry, heat skillet or wok over high heat. When it’s hot, drizzle in 2 Tablespoon canola oil.
- Add shrimp to skillet and fry quickly, stirring around for 2 to 3 minutes. When just cooked through, remove to a separate bowl.
- Add additional 1 tablespoon canola oil to same skillet. Throw in onions and cook for 1 minute. Add broccoli and carrots, cooking for about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Stir. Add mushrooms and stir. Cook for 45 seconds. Add baby corn. Stir.
- Pour in ¼ cup chicken broth and soy sauce/sugar mixture. Drizzle in sesame oil.
- Dump in cooked shrimp. Stir together. Pour in chicken broth/arrowroot mixture. Stir together, then turn off heat. Sauce will be much thicker and glossier.
- Serve over cooked rice.