Pages

4/23/2011

Garlic and Feta Shrimp Linguini

On Friday, I was seeking a good meal for a meat-less dinner...enter the bag of frozen shrimp I had in my freezer.  I threw this together without a recipe, though I'm sure there are similar versions out there, I didn't use one specific version and threw things together that sounded delicious!  It turned out very good.  Simple, flavorful, quick - you can't beat that!  Once again, it earned the thumbs-up seal of approval from my husband.

Garlic and Feta Shrimp Linguini

Ingredients
  • 1 bag of frozen shrimp (raw, but peeled and deveined), thawed and patted dry
  • 3 T. unsalted butter
  • 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced/pressed
  • Seasonings of your choice, I used a Sicilian blend I had on hand
  • Feta cheese, crumbled or cut into small chunks
  • Linguini, cooked and drained
  • Parsley for garnish

Directions
  • Heat a high-walled, heavy pan over medium high heat.
  • Melt butter and oil together pan.
  • Add shrimp into one layer.
  • Sprinkle seasonings of your choice over shrimp.
  • Cook on one side for about 2 minutes, then flip, add the garlic and cook until done - when shrimp are curled up tightly and firm.  Don't overcook or they will get rubbery and tough.
  • Add your cooked linguini into the shrimp and butter, stirring to mix well and coat the noodles with the sauce/garlic.
  • Once served up in bowls or dishes, mix in the feta cheese and garnish with parsley.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails