1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1/2 cup pineapple cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg, separated
1/2 cup chopped candied red cherries
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough onto cookie sheet, forming 13x7-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough onto cookie sheet, forming 13x7-inch rectangle.
3. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar with spoon. Beat in egg yolk. Stir in cherries. Spoon lengthwise down center of dough rectangle in 2 1/2-inch-wide strip. Cut 1-inch-wide strips on each side of cream cheese filling to within 1/2 inch of filling. Fold strips at an angle across filling mixture, alternating from side to side.
4. In small bowl, mix egg white and water; beat well. Brush egg white mixture over dough. (Discard any remaining egg white mixture.) Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving tray. Cool 5 minutes.
6. In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over warm braid. If desired, garnish with additional candied cherries. Cool 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.