I made these simply, but in the future I could see adding more ingredients like onion, mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, different cheeses, etc... And the best part, based on my calculations for my simple version of these, for 20 individual burritos, they are a delicious, hot and filling breakfast all for about .33 cents each!
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Recipe courtesy of Thrifty Fun
- 12 to 16 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb ground sausage, cooke
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 large flour tortillas
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried
- jalapeno, sliced or diced
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1-2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops
- Scramble eggs in large skillet until cooked. Stir in cooked sausage. Add any of the extras you choose except the cheese
- Wrap the Tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave until they are warm (about 1 minute).
- Place 1/2 cup of scrambled egg mixture into a tortilla. Then add a little of the shredded cheese and roll burrito-style.
Wrap each burrito in foil and freeze in single layer on a sheet pan. When fully frozen transfer wrapped burritos to large zip-top freezer bags & freeze.
Remove foil & wrap in a paper towel. Cook for about 2 minutes in the microwave. Cook times may vary.