These tasted JUST like Red Lobster and my husband agreed. We have had the Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits many, many times....and a lot of those times, the basket has had to be refilled. Though I'm not a HUGE Red Lobster fan, I love their Cheddar Biscuits, brought out nice & warm in the basket.
These came out nicely browned on the outside and light, fluffy & cheesy on the inside and the very best part was that they came together in a snap and were done in no time!
Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
Recipe found in America's Most Wanted Recipes, Ron Douglas, page 186
- 2 c. biscuit mix
- 1/2 c. shredded mild Cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
- 2/3 c. milk
- 4 tbs. (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Parsley flakes for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir together the biscuit mix, Cheddar & milk until a soft dough forms. Beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
- Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Smooth down the tops to prevent hard points from forming.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are brown.
- While the biscuits are baking, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the garlic powder.
- Once the biscuits are done, brush the butter on the tops, sprinkle with parsley flakes and serve hot.