Apple Cinnamon Bagels
- 1 3/4 c. warm water
- 1 T. instant yeast
- 1 T. packed light brown sugar
- 1 T. salt
- 2 T. Kernel Seasons Apple Cinnamon seasoning (plus more for sprinkling before baking)
- 3 c. bread flour
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. honey, for boiling water
- In bowl of stand mixer (or regular bowl), combine water, yeast and brown sugar. Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, flours and Apple Cinnamon seasoning and mix well.
- Knead with the dough hook for 8 minutes (or by hand for 10 minutes) until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer dough to large, oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or towel. Let rise 1 hour or until doubled.
- Turn dough out onto countertop and divide into 12-16 (depending on how large/small) round pieces. Make bagel shape by punching thumb through the center and gently stretching out until it's the size you desire and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. *The dough will shrink back a bit, so I recommend over-stretching a bit larger than you actually want.
- Let bagels rise for another 30 minutes covered with clean kitchen towels.
- While bagels are rising, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin to boil about 8 cups of water and add the honey.
- After second rise, put as many bagels into the water as will fit comfortably, boiling for 30 sec.-1 min. per side. Remove from water and place back on cookie sheet, sprinkling with a little more Apple Cinnamon seasoning on top. Repeat with all the bagels.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22-24 minutes, until golden brown.