Garlicky Chicken Parmesan
Adapted from I Heart Food For Thought
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. of fresh or shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, sliced finely
- Pasta of your choice to serve along side
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Pour breadcrumbs and Parmesan into a second shallow bowl or dish and toss to mix.
- Dip the chicken in the oil mixture, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- Lay chicken in an oven safe glass baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pull chicken from oven and top each piece with a layer of spaghetti sauce.
- Place a layer of fresh basil on each piece as well and top with a good layer of Mozzarella.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes until cheese is melty and beginning to brown.
- Serve atop your favorite pasta (I used angel hair.)