Pages

8/15/2009

Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Casserole

I am convinced there is no good or flattering way to photograph a casserole!

My husband has made this recipe several times in the past for dinner. It's easy, quick and very tasty. My mom made something similar to this when I was growing up, Chicken Divan, and I always looked forward to whenever she made it.

I made a few tweaks to the recipe, as I was out of mayo and I like it a little "saucier" and with more curry flavor...and of course, most dishes in this house have garlic added, regardless if the recipe calls for it or not.

Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
Recipe adapted from Cooks.com

Ingredients
  • 2 c. chicken, cooked and cut up
  • 10 oz. fresh broccoli florets
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 can milk
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  • 2 minced cloves of garlic
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 8 oz. sharp cheese, grated
Directions
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Put broccoli on bottom of casserole dish; put cut up chicken over broccoli.
  • Put next 6 ingredients plus 5 ounces of cheese in bowl, spoon & spread over chicken.
  • Sprinkle remaining cheese over casserole. Heat until hot & bubbly, around 1/2 hour.
  • Place under broiler until golden on top.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm, cheese and broccoli is a winning combo and the addition of chicken is a bonus! It's great catching up with your blog with all the delicious entries you've posted recently and hopefully I'll have more in the future to stop by and comment! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I'm am going to definitely try this. It looks so good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails