I made half the original recipe below, baking up 12 rolls.
Pillow Soft Rolls, makes 24
Recipe courtesy of Karen at Loves to Eat, which she found at Amber's Delectable Delights
- 4-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, salt & 3 c. flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth & elastic, about 6-8 minutes (dough will be sticky). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover & let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover & let rise until doubled, about 30 min.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.