Pages

4/26/2009

Cheese Muffins

I adore the Pioneer Woman website & it was the first place I went to when I wanted something different than my usual Bisquick Cheese biscuit recipe...I was pleasantly surprised to find her Cheese Muffin recipe from her Dairy Recipe Contest! They turned out light, very cheesy and a perfect addition to the Lasagna Rolls I made for dinner tonight when my brother-in-law was coming over and my parents ended up making a lovely surprise visit!

I am also submitting this post to Joelen's Tasty Tools Roundup, this month is Muffin Pans!

Fig's Cheese Muffins
Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks contest winner, Fig

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese *I used 1 c. Mozzarella & 2 c. Cheddar*
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter (I used salted)
*I added about 1/4 cup of finely diced fresh chives*

Directions

Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, & butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients & stir with a spoon to combine.
Divide between greased muffin tin, 1/3 cup in each is just about perfect.
Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks delicious! I love cheese and this savory muffin sounds great! I hope you consider submitting this to the Tasty Tools blogging event where we are featuring recipes using a muffin pan. Details are in my blog's left sidebar!

Anonymous said...

I starred this recipe back when PW made them, but have not had a reason to make them yet! They look so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails