Pages

3/15/2009

Turkey Burgers & Oven Fries

Though I've been under the weather lately, I was tired of "resting" and decided to make this for Paul when he got home from working with my dad today. It was by no means strenuous work, so it didn't take much energy on my part.

I know that turkey burgers do tend to be dry since they are so lean. After thinking about this problem, I decided to use mushrooms & feta in the burgers to combat them drying out from the grilling process. They turned out VERY flavorful & moist, I think I have found my new secret weapon when it comes to turkey burgers!

Turkey Burgers (Oven Fries recipe to follow)

Recipe courtesy of me

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
  • 4 large button mushroom caps, diced fairly small
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
  • 1 shallot, finely minced
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Directions
  • Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well with your fingers, like you would for a meatloaf.
  • Shape into 4 patties, stacking on wax or parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for an hour to set.
  • Heat a grill or grill pan (which I used) sprayed with non-stick spray to medium-high heat.
  • Add burgers and let set for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the burgers.
  • When cooked through, serve with your choice of toppings on a toasted bun.

Oven Fries
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes - I used 3 medium potatoes for 2 people
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and coat well with vegetable cooking spray. Scrub potatoes well and cut into 1/2 inch thick fries.
  • In a large mixing bowl, toss potatoes with oil, sugar, salt and red pepper. Spread on baking sheet in one layer.
  • Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until potatoes are tender and browned. Serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails