Pages

10/23/2008

Why I love the Pioneer Woman

*Ignore the pool of butter in the lower right side...it's all an illusion*

Delicious, fattening, creamy, and unapologetic (well, ok, she often DOES apologize for her recipes, but it falls on deaf ears over here) recipes that turn out wonderfully. I saw her blog update on this little beaut that is called Creamy Herbed Potatoes. I'm going to say right here and now that I either want to be adopted by Ree, the Pioneer Woman or be her best friend...whatever she'd prefer. :)

Anyway, this recipe was really easy...of course, I had a mandolin slicer (but mine has a hand guard so I didn't slice half a hand off!) which made quick work of the slicing. If I had to do the potato cutting by hand, I would probably still be chopping....yawn.

PW’s Creamy Herbed Potatoes
courtesy of my new best friend, THE Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

4 to 5 russet potatoes
1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream - I used 1 cup of Half & Half
1 cup whole milk (half & half works, too) - I used 3/4 c. of 2% milk
1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped chives - I used garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped sage

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Slice potatoes very thinly.
Add butter to a large skillet over medium low heat, When melted, add diced onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cream cheese to the pan and stir to melt.
Pour in cream and milk, stirring to combine.
Season with plenty of salt and pepper, then add chopped herbs.
Place potatoes in a buttered baking dish. Pour contents of skillet over the top.
Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Allow potatoes to sit 15 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

These look so awesome, I was thinking about trying them once she posted them. After seeing this I might have to make them soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails