Since I had fairly good luck making the yeast dinner rolls the other day, I decided to go ahead and make another bread. This focaccia bread from Amber's Delectable Delights sounded perfect for me, since it was so easy and fast (for bread, that is!) I am also making beef stew for this glorious Fall day we are having, so this will make an excellent accompaniment to serve along side!!!
I've been making so many things from Amber's blog, I swear I am not related, I do not know her personally or getting any free stuff, but her site is so darn full of great things, I keep going back to it!!! :)
Blitz Bread: No-Fuss Focaccia
Source: King Arthur Flour via Amber's Delectable Delights
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) warm water
3 tablespoons (1 1/4 ounces) olive oil (plus additional for drizzling)
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups (14 3/4 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon instant yeast
4 teaspoons Pizza Dough Flavor, optional
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Vermont cheese powder, optional
Pizza Seasoning, optional
1) Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom. (*I used a Silpat on my baking sheet)
2) Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds. (*I used this opportunity to use my KA Stand Mixer once again)
3) Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
4) While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
5) Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
6) Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
7) Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
8) Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.