Pages

9/29/2008

Sweet Dinner Rolls



My first yeast bread attempt AND the first time I used my brand spankin' new beautiful Pink KitchenAid Stand Mixer...both were wonderful. I needed to use my imagination to figure out what to pull together for dinner tonight and I decided that since I had all the ingredients on hand, these rolls would make a great accompaniment to whatever I found...Next time I make these, which were really easy, I would lower my oven temp and reduce my cooking time by about 5 minutes...I felt the bottoms and tops were too browned, but they still were a success. Paul gave them his seal of approval, so I will definitely be making these again soon.

This recipe came from Amber over at Amber's Delectable Delights. And I used her way of making them, which was in a KA mixer.

Sweet Dinner Rolls

Ingredients
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup butter, softened (for topping rolls)

Directions
Place water and milk in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until liquids reach (110 degrees F/45 degrees C). Pour liquids into mixer bowl; add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add in yeast and let set for 10-20 minutes to proof (the mixture will be foamy).

Attach the bowl to the mixer and mix on low speed adding the salt, 1/3 cup butter and egg. Once well mixed add in the flour 1/4 cup at a time. Remove the paddle attachment and attach the dough hook. With the mixer; knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.

Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into desired shape. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for an hour. (You can place a bowl of very hot tap water in the bottom of your stove and place the rolls on the rack above it *this is what I did and it worked like a charm!). Gently brush the tops of the rolls with half of the remaining softened butter.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake the rolls for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Upon removing the rolls from the oven brush them with remaining softened butter once again.

2 comments:

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Yeah!! A Bread Recipe that doesn't require a bread maker. I will have to try these in my KA! Your pink one is super cute! Hope you are having a great week:)

~Amber~ said...

The rolls turned out amazing! Excellent job for your first time working with yeast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails